Happy New Financial Year!
The Chill IT Team wishes you a bright and prosperous New Financial Year!
It’s time to start thinking about your resolutions for the New Financial Year for 2021-2022.
Here are a few areas to consider for your IT needs.
Data Privacy & Security
Now is the perfect time to review your privacy and data security risks and obligations such as:
- ensuring everyone in the office updates their passwords
- Tip: To create a secure password, make sure you inlude 8 characters or more, a combination of higher and lower-case characters and at least one number and one symbol
- conducting an information security audit (fixing any arising issues)
- creating a data breach response team to protect your data and your brand (create and test a data breach response plan)
- updating your internal cyber security policies and ensure all staff are trained on it
- review key contracts with third party service providers
Productivity & Teamwork
Review how effective your productivity and teamwork is by:
- investigating how Digital Collaboration can help your staff perform as a team more often (are you getting the best out of Microsoft Teams?)
- review or create your remote working policy;
- Do you want to change your settings as new COVID-19 restrictions or lockdown occur?
- Can you arrange a more flexible working environment?
- assessing the speed and performance of your work environment;
- Do you need more resources on the Cloud to boost speed and performance?
- Are your PCs, laptops and servers running poorly or out of warranty?
- Is your Wi-Fi up to scratch for speed and security?
You can ensure you are keeping business running as smoothly as possible by:
- checking your data is backed up
- establishing a disaster recovery plan
- keeping your PC and server patches up to date
- arranging a test recovery for your data;
- Do you have the password for any encryption?
- Can you access your data from another location?
We hope your New Financial Year is off to a good start and that these tips can help you develop and improve your businesss.
If you need to contact us to help you with the above or for normal support, contact us in the usual ways at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 726 679.
The Chill IT Team