Video collaboration is a core component of remote working and especially during the current Covid-19 crisis is becoming increasingly utilised for both business and social interactions.
The ability to connect with home-based employees over video can benefit business through nurturing relationships, increasing employee satisfaction and improving meeting productivity and efficiency.
With an increasing number of employees working remotely and more business meetings taking place via video facilities, it is important to educate staff about the etiquette of video collaboration.
Improving video etiquette can help ensure that all participants are respected and each meeting is productive. A great start is to ensure that start times are adhered to and some other key points are outlined below:
- Put your Microphone on MUTE when you are not talking
- Be aware of what the other participants are seeing eg your background, get camera angles correct, use blur background
- Do not bounce in your chair
- Have good lighting
- Look into the camera
- Wear appropriate work clothes
- Use the chat function to ask questions – don’t talk over each other
- Be aware people can see what you are doing, focus, don’t get distracted, don’t multitask
- Use a camera cover, only open it when in the VC
- Test everything before you start
- Have the best internet connection you can!
We have prepared a document which you are welcome to download HERE and distribute to your staff to help remind them of the key points.
If you would like Chill IT to set you up or help you with video conferencing functionality please fill out the form below or call us today on 1300 796 246.